(Click on the images for larger views.)
These cupcakes are very moist, and they're filled with healthy fats. If you are a fan of Mounds, then try these!
-1/2 cup almond flour
-1/4 cup coconut flour
-1 & 1/2 scoop (45g) chocolate micellar casein
-1/2 cup & 1 T granulated Splenda
-2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 t baking powder
-1/4 & 1/8 t salt
-1.5 oz raw walnuts
-1.5 oz cacao nibs & macadamia nuts
-3 large room-temperature eggs
-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
-2 T unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil
-3/4 t vanilla extract
-3/4 t almond extract
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Chop the walnuts and spread them out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Put them in the oven and take them out when they are golden and fragrant.
3) Put all the dry ingredients except for the nuts and cacao nibs in a food processor and grind to a fine consistency.
4) Whisk all the wet ingredients except for the coconut oil vigorously in a large bowl until combined and a bit frothy.
5) Whisk the dry ingredient mixture with the wet ingredients until combined.
6) Coconut oil is a semi-solid when it is at room-temperature. Put it in a small, microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 30 seconds on medium-low. After the oil is a liquid, pour it into the bowl containing the batter. Whisk until combined, add the nuts and cacao nibs, and whisk until combined again.
7) Spray a 12 muffin pan with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Fill each cup until it is 3/4 full.
8) Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake comes out dry.
Net carbs: 4g