(Click on the images for larger views.)
I found a healthy pumpkin cheesecake recipe and made it last week. It was too cheesy, and not pumpkin-y nor flavorful enough. I've tweaked it a bit, and here's my version.
It has no fat, very few carbs, and lots of protein for a dessert! Plus, it's delicious!
-2 1/2 packages of fat free cream cheese (8 oz. each)
-1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
-4 egg whites
-1 cup Splenda granular
-1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
-1/2 t cinnamon
-1/2 t allspice
-1/2 t vanilla powder or 1 t vanilla extract
-1/2 t nutmeg
-dash of ground ginger
-dash of ground cloves
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla from low to high until smooth, about 1 minute.
3) Add pumpkin, egg whites, and spices. Beat from low to high for another minute.
4) Spray a 9'' cake pan with cooking spray. Pour in the batter, pick up the pan, and tap on the counter to release air bubbles and smooth the top.
5) Optional: using a toothpick, make a decorative swirl from the center of the cake to the edge.
6) Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the top of the cake browns a bit. I baked for 65 minutes.
7) Let the cake cool to room temperature, and then cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
8) Serve with fat free whipped cream!
Each slice has
6g net carbs
and 14g protein